I’m planning my family’s feast for Thanksgiving this year and one of our big debates is about the potatoes… regular potatoes or sweet potatoes? My family is divided on favorites but with such a small crowd I’m not going to make two separate dishes. Instead we will have a dish that has both and enjoy them in a more healthy way? I like to roast both together with some diced onions and thyme for added flavor!
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cut to 1” cubes
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme minced or 1 tsp dry thyme
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Combine all ingredients spread evenly on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cook until potatoes are browned to your liking, about 30-45 minutes.