- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup whole wheat pasty flour*
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp double acting baking powder
- 2 TBSP confectioner’s sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 TBSP canola oil or non-stick cooking spray
Pour the oats into the blender and blend until it is ground fine. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar; then mix until well blended. Add the eggs, milk, and zest to the blender and blend about a minute until batter is smooth.
Heat a 10-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush the surface with the oil or spray with cooking spray. Pour slightly less than ¼ cup of the batter on the hot pan and tilt the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Allow to cook until bubbles appear and the crepe begins to appear drier on top. Gently turn the crepe over and allow it to cook for a few more seconds on the other side.
Whipped light cream, powdered sugar and fresh fruit.
* Whole wheat pastry flour is ground more fine than standard whole wheat flour which results in a less “gritty” texture.