Ready to eat Dragon Chicken in Lettuce Leaves
- 1 ¼ lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 5 green onions, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- Asian Sweet Chili Sauce (I use Mae Ploy brand, available in the Ethnic section of the grocery store) and Siracha to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and separated into large leaves
Cook ground meat in skillet over medium high heat until cooked through, break up pieces as it cooks. Add sugar, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, and sesame oil; stir to mix. Add carrots and green onions. Stir and cook until desired texture is reached (depending on if you want more crunchy or soft veggies). Top with cilantro; serve on a platter surrounded with lettuce leaves with Chili Sauce and lime wedges for garnish, if desired.
*Sriracha is made from sun ripened chili peppers which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic.
CLICK HERE to view a video of this recipe.